To address the deteriorating pavement, utility and drainage concerns, non-motorized accommodations and storm water quality conditions. The goal is to design 66th Street to be safer, more livable, and welcoming to all users, while balancing potential impacts to residents and businesses along the corridor. The project extends from Xerxes Avenue on the west to 16th Avenue on the east.
Layout 4B for east of 35W to 16th Avenue – Approved by City Council October 28, 2014
Full Project Layout
Minimal Impact Layout for Xerxes Avenue to Penn Avenue – Approved by City Council December 9, 2014
Roundabouts were approved by City Council on February 24, 2015, on 66th Street at Lyndale Avenue and Nicollet Avenue intersections. Click here to learn more about roundabouts.
Pictured above: Sketches of 66th and Lyndale Roundabout (Left) and 66th and Nicollet Roundabout (Right)
- Project Visioning and Public Involvement – 2013-2014
- Preparation of Plans and Specifications – 2014-2016
- Major Construction – 2017-2018
- Construction Wrap-up/Final Streetscaping – 2019
PROJECT FUNDING SOURCES
- Federal Highway STP Funds
- Hennepin County Public Works
- City of Richfield (MSA Funds, Street Reconstruction Bonds, Utilities, Xcel Rate Payers Fee)