RICHFIELD PARKWAY/CHAMBERLAIN DEVELOPMENT
To establish a renewed brand at a signature gateway of the city that will increase the diversity of housing options and encourage the rehabilitation and replacement of the lowest-quality housing stock.
The Chamberlain Development will be the first new multi-family apartment project constructed on the City’s east side since 1971. The goals
- Richfield Parkway will be extended south of the roundabout at 66th Street, through the development down to 68th Street.
- 284-unit housing development
- renovation of 33 housing units in 3 existing apartment buildings along Cedar Avenue.
Note: Further extensions of Richfield Parkway down 18th Avenue would not take place until redevelopment occurs south of 68th Street. No redevelopment projects are planned south of 68th Street at this time.
- Design Engineering 2017-2018
- Construction- Summer of 2018
- Project Completion- Fall of 2019
- Chris Dokken– Kraus Anderson Project Manager
- Melissa Poehlman-Asst. Director of Community Development
ACCELERATED MILL AND OVERLAY PROGRAM
To preserve the base life of the asphalt roads by implementing an accelerated mill and overlay program because Richfield roads are 20 years past their expected life.
The City Council is working with the Public Works Department to mill and overlay 85 of the 100 miles of Richfield’s residential streets. The remaining 15 miles have already been completed in conjunction with previous projects.
Concrete curb and gutter and manhole/catch basin work will take place each year previous to that areas mill and overlay.
6 years, 2015-2020
Estimated cost of $20M will be funded through franchise fees.
PROJECT UPDATES AND PICTURES
Visit the Sweet Streets Facebook page for updates and pictures.