Richfield Parkway/Chamberlain Development
To establish a renewed brand at a signature gateway of the city that will increase the diversity of housing options and encourage the rehabilitation and replacement of the lowest-quality housing stock.
The Chamberlain Developement will be the first new multi-family apartmetn project constructed on the City’s east side since 1971. The goals
- Richfield Parkway will be extended south of the roundabout at 66th Street, through the development down to 68th Street.
- 284-unit housing development
- renovation of 33 housing units in 3 existing apartment buildings along Cedar Avenue.
Note: Further extensions of Richfield Parkway down 18th Avenue would not take place until redevelopment occurs south of 68th Street. No redevelopment projects are planned south of 68th Street at this time.
- Design Engineering 2017-2018
- Construction- Summer of 2018
- Project Completion- Fall of 2019