To improve the in-lake water quality of Taft Lake by utilizing a regional approach to storm water management for areas in the City that are located within the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District.
Features and benefits of the project are outlined below:
- Water Reuse Infiltration System
- Native Prairie Restoration and Buffers
- Grit Chambers
- Flocculation Treatment
- Flocculation Treatment System for In-lake Water
- Construction of Richfield Parkway North Connection
- Removal of Taft Lake Frontage Road
Construction is anticipated to begin July 28th and last through mid September.
The Taft Lake / Legion Lake Water Quality Improvement Project is a cooperative effort between the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District (MCWD) and the City of Richfield. The capital costs will be financed by the MCWD and the ongoing maintenance costs will be paid for by the City using fees collected through the Storm Water Utility.